Today we are talking about “Road Kill: Because Dead Men Don’t Care”. Our scripture passage is Galatians 2:20, which says,
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Preaching in the last 20 years has radically changed. Today, many are advocating that we…
- Preach an acceptable gospel.
- Refrain from preaching a confrontational Gospel.
- Preach messages to cope with problems instead of man’s greatest need.
- We avoid topics such as “the blood, repentance, guilt, and judgment.”
The inescapable need every believer is the need to sign their death certificate to the sin nature. Let’s look at Galatians 2:20 and seek what Paul said about the need to sign the death certification to our lives.
- Paul said, “I have been crucified.” When he gave his heart to Jesus Christ, the old nature in Paul died. He no longer wanted to kill Christians or even persecute them. His life was different.
- He did not say, “I have made a determination to imitate Jesus Christ”, or “I will make an effort to follow Him.” But he did say, “I have been identified with the death of Christ on the cross.”
- Once I reach this decision and act on it, all Christ accomplished for me on the cross is accomplished in me. Forgiveness of sin. Eternal life now. Abundant grace. All of this and more is mine because of Christ.
- “I no longer live”
- My individuality remains.
- My motivation for living changes. The nature that resides in me changes. Same human body but the old satanic right to myself has been destroyed. Paul would write to the Corinthians and say, “You have been bought with a price. Glorify God in your body and your spirit which are his.”
- “The life I live”
- Not the life I long to live.
- The life I live now.
- The life others see.
I am no longer a life unto myself. I am a life that has been blood bought and purchased by Jesus Christ.
- “I live by faith.”
- Not my own faith in Jesus
- It is a faith the Son of God gives me.
- “In” is the locative case in the Greek. It is location, location, location.
- “of” is possessive. Just as Christ belongs to God, so I belong to the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.
- It is no longer a faith in faith, but a faith that transcends all limits. It come only from the Son of God.
- The proof of my crucifixion with Christ is that I have a definite likeness to Him.
- I possess the resurrected life of Jesus in me, here and now!
- I deliberately sign away my own rights and become a bondservant of Christ.
“Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus” (Philippians 1:1)
- I have been made one with Christ.
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20