The Road Less Travelled
Because the road you travel is not the shortcut
3. When you travel this highway there will be an awesome and open display of God’s power in your life.
- Let’s look at what the Bible says.
- Luke 24:49. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high
- Acts 1:8. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
- Acts 2:2. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
- Acts 2:41. Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- Acts 3:1-7. Now Peter and John were going up together to the temple complex at the hour of prayer at three in the afternoon. And a man who was lame from birth was carried there and placed every day at the temple gate called Beautiful, so he could beg from those entering the temple complex. When he saw Peter and John about to enter the temple complex, he asked for help. Peter, along with John, looked at him intently and said, “Look at us.” So he turned to them, expecting to get something from them. But Peter said, “I don’t have silver or gold, but what I have, I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!” Then, taking him by the right hand he raised him up, and at once his feet and ankles became strong.
- Acts 4:13. When they observed the boldness of Peter and John and realized that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed and recognized that they had been with Jesus.
- Because Noah responded by faith to God, God connected with a bridge of holiness that spared him and his family from destruction.
- A highway of holiness was built to childless Abram and Abraham became the father of a nation.
- It was only as Moses turned aside to see the glory of the Lord that a nation was spared from slavery and bondage.
- Because Mary turned aside and responded to Gabriel, the angel of the Lord, that Christ would be born in Bethlehem’s stable.
- It was only as the early church was obedient that the Holy Spirit could empower the church and 3000 people could be saved in a day.
4. God will begin to do a new thing in the church when we connect to the highway of holiness.